Release Date – 11 Jan 2023
🌟🌟🌟 – 6.2/10
Director – Tarik Saleh
- Tawfeek Barhom (Adam)
- Fares Fares (Colonel Ibrahim)
- Mohammad Bakri (General Al Sakran)
- Makram Khoury (Blind Sheikh Negm)
- Mehdi Dehbi (Zizo)
- Moe Ayoub (Suhby)
- Sherwan Haji (Soliman)
“Cairo Conspiracy” (also known as “Boy from Heaven”) is a political thriller directed and written by Swedish-Egyptian director Tarik Saleh. The movie is a measured but unsparing portrait of corruption perpetrated by people who are utterly confident of their rectitude. The film’s denouement offers some mercy but zero hope that the rot depicted can be corrected.
- “Fair Play: 2023 film – A Captivating Debut in Erotic Drama”
- “The Vaccine War 2023: Triumph of Science” cast, plot, Review
- “The Killer: A Riveting 2023 Film – Cast, Plot, & Reviews”
- The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar (2023) Cast, plot, summary, and reviews
- Waiting for Dali (Esperando a Dalí): 2023 | cast, plot, summary
Tawfeek is initially unaware of the political intrigue that surrounds the election of the grand imam. But as he becomes more deeply embroiled in the politics of the university, he is forced to make tough moral choices that could have far-reaching consequences. As he struggles to balance his conscience and ambition, Tawfeek finds himself in a race against time as he attempts to uncover the truth and save the university from a dangerous plot.
“Cairo Conspiracy” has been mixed. Some critics have called it mildly engaging and well-acted but dramatically inert, shallow, and contrived while low on suspense and intrigue. Others have praised it as a riveting religious & political thriller.
“Cairo Conspiracy” is a thought-provoking film that offers an unflinching look at corruption within both religious and political institutions. While its ending may leave some viewers feeling hopeless, its powerful performances and engaging storyline make it well worth watching.